You’ve organized a party at your place and just experienced a shock on seeing alcohol stains on your prized carpet. Let’s face it, it is bound to happen to all of us at one time or another. You take every precaution to protect your carpet in hopes that no accidents or carpet stains will ever occur and compromise its beautiful appearance but no one can stop a mishap that is bound to happen. You’ll be able to get the stain out right away before it sets itself if you’re quick to do it. Act fast and you’ll be able to reduce the stain. There are many ways that you can remove carpet stains, but it is to your advantage to be educated and armed with some tried and true techniques and methods to remove the carpet stains.
1. Arrange for a small bucket of a mild detergent, such as warm water and dishwashing liquid.
2. Dip paper towel or a cloth into the bucket and blot onto the damaged area. Avoid rubbing the cloth into the carpet and rather allow the cloth to soak up the alcohol.
3. Put together two cups of warm water and a cup of white vinegar. To add the same mix together, you can use a spray bottle. Spray the alcohol stain with this mixture and carry on to blot up the alcohol in the carpeting. The vinegar will neutralize the alcohol stain and the odor as well.
4. Apply a third blotting with cold water.
5. Continue to absorb all of the liquid with clean, white towels.
6. Let the area dry thoroughly and then go over it with a vacuum cleaner.
You can now relax as the carpet has got its beautiful appearance like before. Follow these steps and we are sure that you’ll be pleased with the results.